President Donald Trump has expressed uncertainty about his ability to attend his son Donald Trump Jr.‘s wedding due to pressing national security matters.
On Thursday, when asked by reporters in the Oval Office about his attendance at Trump Jr.’s wedding, the President said he would “try and make it” to the event, scheduled for the Memorial Day weekend in the Bahamas. However, he also acknowledged the challenging timing.
Trump explained, “He’d like me to go. It’s going to be a small private affair. I’m gonna try and make it. I said, ‘This is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things.’”
He also took a dig at the media, saying, “If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed … by the fake news, of course.”
Security Threats Loom
Donald Trump Jr. and Bettina Anderson are reportedly planning a private wedding ceremony in the Bahamas after previously considering hosting the event at the White House, reported NewsWeek.
The President’s concerns about attending his son’s wedding come in the wake of recent national security incidents. In late April, a shooting incident occurred at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, where Trump was swiftly escorted off stage by Secret Service agents. The suspect, identified as Cole Tomas Allen, a Caltech-educated engineer, was later apprehended.
Meanwhile, tensions with Iran have also been escalating. Tehran recently threatened to extend the war beyond the Middle East if the U.S. launches another attack. “If the aggression against Iran is repeated, the war will be extended outside the Middle East region, and our crushing blows will hit you in places you cannot #imagine,” the IRGC’s post on X read.
Disclaimer: This content was partially produced with the help of AI tools and was reviewed and published by Benzinga editors.
Image via Shutterstock
Recent Comments